Friday, October 16, 2015

The plan is in the making for 2015

Got a call into Raymond and the event is still percolating at his end.  He is trying to get here on the 13 of December.  His boys are still considering arrival about Dec 19, but that only leaves a couple of days to challenge the weather waves.

I'll call the Shore Stay Suites today and try for a reservation for the period December 13 arrival and December 22 departure.  I think that's ten nights if my brain is working OK.  It's an efficiency with two full size beds and a kitchenette.  Rates say $89 a night, but I think I got a quote for much less?

Captain's Quarter 540 721 1175  Dewayne Lamb  No room at his new cottage, ut he might have an opening on his crew after the 14th of Decemer  


Teacher  919 274 1410  Sent a note to Jimmie Beaty to ask about charter availability after Dec 14 and also about a possible meet in late November.

Tom Hughes sent a note that he has refunded a deposit of $200 that I made years ago.  He got tired of waiting for Bill and I to get with him.

Shore Stay Suites  757 331 4090  Made reservation without confirmation of rate. 
can't find the note.  Murphy is still with me today.  Spilled a drink on my favorite wave keyboard and it's toast.  Now using an old flat keyboard and it's tough to adjust.

I made some changes on the boat in case I have to fish alone.  First, I put a rope to pull the trolling motor.  But, the release lever is still a problem to unlock with one foot while lifting the trolling motor head when the water might be rough.  I added a tall leaning post in lieu of the seat and it works well as a balance grasp while standing on the bow deck.  I'm thinking to run a line from the T to the bow as a safety grab.  Side curtains would be great, but this is my last outing on the bay.  No sense with adding stuff that won't be used again.  But, wouldn't a 12 inch monitor be great!







No comments:

Post a Comment