Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Too early to plan for Kiptopeke 2015?

OK, just what is the plan for 2015 .  .  .

Well, it depends on how long it takes to get with a plan.  For me, I'm pretty slow and it takes months.  Still in the packing/sorting the gear for 2014, let alone get ready for the coming December.

Got my winter duds stowed as I'll need them if I get on LKA or Kerr before spring.  Also got rods stowed in the furnace room.  Additional eel tubes constructed for a total of 13, maybe a lucky number.

Thought about restoring 4 older planer boards, but now think it best to buy 4 new Walleye boards so they'll fit my storage on the boat.

Think this year will be different with regard to lodging and the length of stay at Kiptopeke.

Now September and the season is passing quickly.  Doctor, doctor, when can I fish?  Gout and arthritis are the controlling health issues. 

Brother Raymond says he will be available with his son over the college vacation around Xmas.  Not sure about Bill Fowler.  Think he may have had enough interference with his hunting turkey and deer.  A friend here on LKA, Pete DeRosario might have a day or two.  As might my son, Hawley.  I might try to reserve a room for two weeks at the Sunset Shore Motel where I usually stay and see where it leads.

I've tried to contact some of the skippers that I'm sure will be fishing for Kiptopeke Cows to find out if I can hitch a ride.  No success yet. 

Can't plan to do it solo, that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment